Who we are
Updated: February 1, 2021
Welcome to the web site (the “Site”) of DataSeer, Inc. (“DataSeer”, “we”, “us” and/or “our”). This Site is operated by DataSeer and has been created to provide information about our company and our solutions, tools, applications, platform and related services to our visitors, users and customers (“you”, “your”). DataSeer provides cloud-based software and related services for information extraction and digitization of industrial diagrams and documents with machine learning & computer vision solutions (“Services”).
Data We Collect
When you interact with us through the Site and our Services, we collect Personal Data and other information from you, as described below.
Service Data: In providing the Services to our customers, we process on behalf of customers Personal Data they upload, display, back-up or otherwise submit to our Services (“Service Data”). While our customers decide what data to submit, Service Data typically includes information about their employees, independent contractors, agents, end customer and any other users, including contact details (such as name, position and email address).
Our Use of Your Data
- We use data generated by, provided in connection with, or derived from use of the Services (such as your username, email address and IP address) for our internal purposes, namely for providing, maintaining, protecting, developing and improving DataSeer’s offerings (in particular resolving any bugs and fixes, enhancing or improving features of existing products and developing new products and capabilities), preventing fraud or criminal activity, misuses of our products or services and ensuring the security of our IT systems, architecture and networks, subject to DataSeer’s compliance with applicable law. We may anonymize, aggregate and de-identify the data that we collect and use such anonymized, aggregated and de-identified data for statistical or benchmarking purposes.
- We use data relating to your use of and interaction with the Site and the Services, including analytics information that we obtain through cookies and similar technologies, to better understand your needs and interests in order to inform our marketing strategy (for example, we may use information on your location and your stated job title to send you a personalized message) and improve your access to, experience with and use of the Site and the Services.
- If you ask us to delete your data or to be removed from our marketing lists and we are required to fulfil your request, we may keep basic data to identify you and to further unwanted processing.
- We share Personal Data among our subsidiaries and affiliates for administering and providing the Services, for administrative purposes and in relation to our sales and marketing activities.
Our Disclosure of Your Data
We share your Personal Data with certain third parties, as set forth below:
Business Transfers: As we develop our business, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution or similar event, Personal Data may be part of the transferred assets.
Legal Requirements: DataSeer may disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (i) comply with a legal obligation or lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements, (ii) protect and defend the rights or property of DataSeer, (iii) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the Services or the public, or (iv) protect DataSeer against legal liability.
EU Data Subjects
Data Controller: DataSeer is the data controller for the processing of your Personal Data (but we are a data processor for Personal Data that our customers submit to our Services). Please see the Contacting DataSeer section below to find out how to contact us.
Your Rights: Subject to applicable law, you have the following rights in relation to your Personal Data:
- Right of access: If you ask us, we will confirm whether we are processing your Personal Data and, if so, provide you with a copy of that Personal Data along with certain other details. If you require additional copies, we may need to charge a reasonable fee.
- Right to rectification: If your Personal Data is inaccurate or incomplete, you are entitled to ask that we correct or complete it. If we shared your Personal Data with others, we will tell them about the correction where possible. If you ask us, and where possible and lawful to do so, we will also tell you with whom we shared your Personal Data so you can contact them directly.
- Right to restrict processing: You may ask us to restrict or ‘block’ the processing of your Personal Data in certain circumstances, such as where you contest the accuracy of the data or object to us processing it. We will tell you before we lift any restriction on processing. If we shared your Personal Data with others, we will tell them about the restriction where possible. If you ask us, and where possible and lawful to do so, we will also tell you with whom we shared your Personal Data so you can contact them directly.
- Right to data portability: You have the right to obtain your Personal Data from us that you consented to give us or that was provided to us as necessary in connection with our contract with you. We will give you your Personal Data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. You may reuse it elsewhere.
- Right to object: You may ask us at any time to stop processing your Personal Data, and we will do so:
- If we are relying on a legitimate interest to process your Personal Data (described under the Our Use of Your Data section above) — unless we demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing, or
- If we are processing your Personal Data for direct marketing.
- Rights in relation to automated decision-making and profiling: You have the right to be free from decisions based solely on automated processing of your Personal Data, including profiling, which produce a significant legal effect on you, unless such profiling is necessary for entering into, or the performance of, a contract between you and us, or with your explicit consent.
- Right to withdraw consent: If we rely on your consent to process your Personal Data, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time, but this will not affect any processing of your data that has already taken place. Right to lodge a complaint with the data protection authority: If you have a concern about our privacy practices, including the way we handled your Personal Data, you can report it to the data protection authority that is authorized to hear those concerns.
You may exercise your rights by contacting us as indicated under Contact DataSeer section below.
Data Transfers: We rely on the EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield certification to transfer Personal Data that we receive from the EU and Switzerland to DataSeer in the U.S. (for more information, please read the Privacy Shield section below).
General: We rely on our Privacy Shield certification to transfer Personal Data that we receive from the EU and Switzerland to DataSeer in the U.S. and we process such in accordance with the Privacy Shield Principles of Notice, Choice, Accountability for Onward Transfer, Security, Data Integrity and Purpose Limitation, Access, and Recourse, Enforcement and Liability (“Privacy Shield Principles”), as described below.
- Email: email@example.com Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Attention: Privacy Request
- Postal Mail: DataSeer, Inc. Attn: Privacy, 1334 Brittmoore Rd, Suite 1801 Houston, TX 77043
You can visit the Site without providing any Personal Data. If you choose not to provide any Personal Data, you may not be able to use certain Services.
Links to Other Websites
Social Media Pages & Profiles
DataSeer takes reasonable and appropriate steps to protect the Personal Data provided via the Site and Services from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, no Internet or email transmission is ever fully secure or error free. In particular, email or messages sent to or from the Site and the Services may not be secure. Therefore, you should take special care in deciding what information you send to us via the Internet or via email. Please keep this in mind when disclosing any Personal Data to DataSeer via the Internet or via email.
Other Terms & Conditions
Your access to and use of the Services is subject to Terms of Service and, if applicable, the customer agreement you and/or your organization entered into with DataSeer.
You may contact us at the email address email@example.com or by post at:
1334 Brittmoore Rd, Suite 1801
Houston, TX 77043, USA